The Imam Husain Islamic Centre was established in late 1997. We are a non-profit organisation owned by Imam Husain Limited – a public company limited by guarantee.
The main objectives of the Centre are designed to develop the Muslim Community by covering various educational, welfare and religious needs. We aim to teach the path of Islam as taught by AhlulBayt (as). We focus on offering our services in the English language to benefit the English speaking community as a whole – Muslim and non-Muslim alike.
Our objectives include:
- To assist the Islamic community in the resolution of its social, economic, cultural and religious needs
- To create and promote the spirit of unity and brotherhood among the members of the community and settle disputes to initiate, participate in and encourage interfaith activity and understanding within people of different faiths in our society.
- To provide financial assistance and voluntary services on humanitarian grounds to the needy people within and outside of Australia, irrespective of the recipient’s geographical placement , race or faith.
- To amalgamate or affiliate with any other charitable association or institution, whether incorporated or not, in order to facilitate the achievement of both our objectives and goals.
- To promote actively the principle of multiculturalism.
- We are located in a quiet suburb close to the city of Sydney.
- We have a large centre which has undertaken several renovations to better suit our community needs.
- The Centre now consists of a main hall used for prayers, lectures and programs, a consultation room, office, two classrooms, reception area, one bathroom (with wheelchair accessability) and a kitchen on the ground floor.
- The second floor contains our extensive library, audio and visual department including studio room, 1 x women`s auxiliary/classroom, 2 x classrooms and ladies and gents amenities.
We would like to warmly extend an advanced welcome to all visitors.