I would like to end this lecture with some quotations from the Quran and the sayings of the Prophet of Islam (saww) which confirms the universality of Islam:
1. “Say: No reward I ask you for this (the Quran). It is only a reminder for the world.” [6:90]
2. “Blessed be He Who sent down the criterion (of right and wrong; the Quran) to His devotee (Muhammad) that he may be a warner to the world.” [25:1]
3. “Say: Allah is Witness between me and you; this Quran has been revealed to me that I may therewith warn you and whosoever it may reach.” [6:19]
4. “Say (O Muhammad): O mankind! Verily, I am sent to you all as the Messenger of Allah.” [7:158]
5. “He it is Who has sent His Messenger (Muhammad) with guidance and the religion of truth (Islam) superior to all religion(s). And All-Sufficient is Allah as a Witness.” [48:28]
6. “And We have sent you (O Muhammad) except as a giver of glad tidings and a warner to all mankind, but most of men know not.” [34:28]
7. “And WE have sent you (O Muhammad) not but as a mercy for the world.” [21:107]
8. “And this (the Quran) is a blessed Book which We have sent down, confirming (the revelations) which came before it, so that you may warn the *Mother of Towns and all those around it.” [6:92]
*The expression of the ‘Mother of Towns' is referred to Mecca as the centre of the world and ‘all those around it' includes all other parts of the earth.
9. Although the first addressee of the Prophet of Islam (saww) were Arabs, the Holy Quran has never addressed them as ‘O you Arabs!' It always addresses ‘O You People!' or ‘O You who believe' and the like free from any tribal or national or gender designation.
10. The Prophet of Islam seven years after his migration to Medina dispatched his ambassadors to the then world leaders to convey the message of Islam to them. This is one of the practical proofs for the universality of Islam.